Monday, March 24, 2014

AZT Week 10 prep- A really good week.....

Week Ten did not start well. Trying to stay focused on training and goals, while the work politics and drama continue to swirl about, made for a really shitty Monday. It's been very difficult for me adjusting to my new role as supporting cast member. After meeting with my executive coach and receiving some great personal/professional guidance and validation, the PMA returned and it was time to finish the week strong. First, the stats:




A good friend reminded me that "Consistency is Key!" and Week 10 proved that mantra to be true. I stepped up hrs. and miles and managed to Juice everyday but Saturday. Interesting to note that this week's hrs. and miles were all logged outside in the wind, rain, sun and cold.....no more rec center biking for this guy!

And hasn't the last ten weeks paid off! I pulled off a 2 night/2 day AZT shakedown ride in Moab this weekend that went super well! I was able to put fitness, nutrition, water and gear systems to the test and passed with flying colors! I think one more overnight before the race will help me dial in the final last minute minutiae. 








No comments:

Post a Comment