Okay, things are starting to shape up for 2014. Last year I surprised myself with how quick I recovered after the big days/races/trips and how much mileage I really could take on. To this end, I've tried to lay out a schedule that ups the mileage and number of races for next season. Things are still a little unclear regarding how work plays into my late summer schedule- however, it seems that if there's a year that I can pursue AZTR/CTR, it's 2014! I know I'm a nerdy planner, but I hope the lead time will inspire some of you to join me! My goal setting keeps me motivated to hit the gym and pedal all through the winter so whatever works right?
So who's in on WRIAD in March? Maybe upping the ante with a fatty WRIAD in April? Un-official, totally off the books DRO Sampler is going to be put in this spring. Trying to work on my GPX track clipping skills to get a file out for the DS route. I have visions of partying and racing the fat bike against the serious folk at Mesa Verde and against the roadies at the 1/4 horse.....but only if the Dolores doesn't run. May may be river time...
Then there's the big boys.....starting with the AZTR at the end of March- a huge thank you to Rachel for letting me hijack spring break with this experience that's going to totally kick my ass...Who's up for the punishing DDC? Cracking the CTC? Or committing to the CTR? Come on....let's tackle these beasts! And then we'll end it all with a second go at the D-100, this time with lights but intent on shaving serious time off last year's ride. That'll be a fantastic way to finish out the season!
Then there's the big boys.....starting with the AZTR at the end of March- a huge thank you to Rachel for letting me hijack spring break with this experience that's going to totally kick my ass...Who's up for the punishing DDC? Cracking the CTC? Or committing to the CTR? Come on....let's tackle these beasts! And then we'll end it all with a second go at the D-100, this time with lights but intent on shaving serious time off last year's ride. That'll be a fantastic way to finish out the season!
*='s scheduled and confirmed
**='s scheduled
***='s TBD but would fit the flow
** WRIAD- March Training trip
*2014 AZTR 300- ITT March 24th
*DRO Sampler 50/100 ITT- super un-official April project
**WRIAD Fabike- April project?
**Alien Run MTB Race- May 4th (fatbike)
***12 hrs. of Mesa Verde- May 10th (Fatbike)
**2014 Quarter Horse/Cruiser Crit- May 24th
(fatbike/boombox)
*Durango Dirty- June 28th- (ultra)
*Colorado Trail Classic- July 19th
*2014 CTR- August 10th, 2014- (bikepacking)
**Rico 50/100 September 20th (ultra)
**DRO Sampler ITT- fall attempt
*Dolores 100-October 4th
(ultra)
No comments:
Post a Comment